A Welcome From The Rector
It’s good to welcome you to St George’s Website. St George’s is situated in the south eastern quarter of Chichester and we are proud of its Anglo Catholic heritage which equips our people for their daily life through worship, community life and nurture. We invite you to visit us on a Sunday or at one of our weekday services.
Here are a few things which might be helpful for you to know about us:
- We’re a diverse congregation of all ages and from all backgrounds. As Jesus welcomed all people, so we too welcome all people regardless of their background.
- We’re a place where all your senses will be fully engaged in the worship of God. You may smell incense, hear beautiful music, experience silence and stillness and see people using gestures as a way to express the inexpressible during our services.
- We’re a place where ancient ritual interprets our contemporary life. You will, we hope, be struck by the beauty and holiness of the church the grace of our liturgy, the relevance of the preaching and the warm welcome.
- We’re a place exploring how to serve our parish and neighbourhood with acts of compassion along with expressing justice locally and globally.
- We’re friendly, we will make every effort to welcome you, but we will try to respect your space.
Thank you for choosing to explore our website, and we hope to see you in St George’s very soon.
With prayers and best wishes,